Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mammoth Caves

           Our first stop once we reached Bowling Green was Mammoth Caves.  I am glad that we made it there safely. I was driving and I almost got us in a major accident.  I went to turn the car around in a little gravel looped-Te-loop when the diesel behind me wanted to go in the same place.  I hurried to get out of his way and Bret said I was going to get the car stuck, so in the panic of getting out of the diesels way and trying not to get the car stuck I did not see the pickup coming up behind us that swerved into the other lane to not hit us than swerved back to not hit the other car in oncoming traffic.  Thank goodness for the observant pickup driver!  I would also like to add that I only saw one other car besides those over the 15min I had been driving through the park.  It was odd that on the bare highway we were all there in that instance.
            Bret and I had been to the Caves before and Bret wanted to take a little break so we sent Earl and Roxanne on the tour and we took a little hike and then a little nap at the lodge.  Earl and Roxanne really liked the tour and got lucky to be in a small group. 

No comments: