Sunday, February 5, 2012

First weeks with Benson



Already getting the stare down from dad
                                                
Sleeping, what he does for the majority of the day not night
                                   



He only slightly hates baths but once you get him in that warm water he is very happy
              
My little baby is getting so BIG!  Everyday he looks so different.  He had baby acne and everyday it cleared in one area and appeared somewhere else then he turned into a snake and his skin started peeling. Now most everything is cleared up.  He is the sweetest baby he gives lots of smiles and rarely cries.  Roxanne and I took him to his one week check up and he is a very healthy boy,  He weighed in at 7 lbs 10 oz in just a week he gained so much weight! He was suctioned out at birth so he has swelling on the left side of his head.  It feels pretty weird because it is full of fluid.  The Dr. said it will take some weeks before it fully goes away. He has started to wiggle a lot, You try and burp him and he will squirm all over the place and bob his head.  He seems to already have such a personality about him. I love this little stinker so much.  I just sit and stare and smile at him, and bug him with a bunch of kisses.

8 comments:

Melanie B said...

Cute pictures! Enjoy every minute, they grow up so fast. Keep the pictures coming.

Mary Jo said...

oh my goodness, he is so cute!! I miss that little buddy. I especially love his little smirk while taking a bath.
Give him a hug from all of us! Love ya & hope you are getting some sleep!

Christine said...

BreeAnn, he is so cute. I told your mom that it makes me want to have a baby for a split second. I hope that things are going well! Just remember enjoy it because it goes fast, and it will get a little easier as they get older. I thought my life was over after I had Carter but then realized that it doesn't stay like that as they get older. We will have to plan to be in Utah at the same time so I can see your cute little guy in person!

Godfrey's said...

Aww congrats! He is so adorable! I love the pictures!

jennthegreat said...

Oh he's a cutie! Love the pictures. They grow so fast, so do stare as much as possible. Looks like parenthood agrees with you guys.

Butterfield's said...

Love the pics!! He is adorable!

Jill Walker said...

Oh BreeAnn, he is so darling! I am glad you shared.

Steve and Jen said...

He is nothing but DARLING! He's so handsome and I just wanna squeeze him. Such cute expressions in these pictures! And I popped over to your friends blog that took pics of him and you! Complete Goodness! They all turned out beautifully! He is so stinkin cute! You look fantastic! Good work girl!
Oh, I remember just dressing Ashley in so many outfits and loving every NEW little thing she did! It was so fun, and definitely a dream come true for me. Nate was a little bit of bliss too, just more medical issues came with him. I'm so excited for whenever we get out little baby.