Friday, March 25, 2011

I AM ABOUT TO PUKE

The morning started out like any ordinary monday morning.  I got ready for work and was just about to head out the door when I noticed something very important was missing.  MY KEYS.  Bret had already left for school so I was on my own for the search.  I tore the apartment apart looking everywhere for the dang keys.  Then I sat down and retraced my steps.  The last time I had seen them had been on Saturday and I put them in my purse.  SO why were they not in my purse?  I figured they must be in Brets car so i calmed down a little bit and text Bret to go check the car when he could.  Now you also have to understand that we only have one key to the car so if it is lost it is a huge deal, plus my car has one of those micro chip things in it so it is really expensive to make a copy even if we had the key.  So in comes the text from Bret ten minutes later and the keys are not in the car.  So I start to hyperventilate, and I feel like i am about to puke.  Bret said to call everyplace we had gone and to check outside by the car.  So I start ripping through the apartment again and for the tenth time i empty out my purse and i reach just a little bit further into the side pocket and my finger goes straight through.  A HOLE!  The keys were in side the lining of my purse.  That sneaky little purse ate my keys.  So two hours late for work i showed up embaressed but relieved.  I am so greatful for the little prompting to keep checking my purse each time with a LOOK harder feeling. 

5 comments:

alyssa said...

I HATE when that happens! Losing keys is one of the most stressful things, especially when it makes you late for something! Glad you found them! For future reference, we have 2 cars if you ever need to borrow mine ;)

Anonymous said...

I was expecting a pregnancy story

The Sullengers said...

I'm glad you didn't puke and that it was a happy story in the end!

Mary Jo said...

I'm so glad that you listened to that little voice! If not you could still be looking. Isn't it wonderful the Lord wants to help us in all areas of our life. A little touch of love to you! Thanks for sharing. Love ya!

Bret said...

That little voice was actually me telling her she better find them or else.......